In Step A you found an appropriate URL for your business.
This section will walk you through securing it as your own by taking you through the simple process of signing up for the web hosting where your website will “live”.
“Should I use Free Hosting or Paid Hosting?”
You have two options for Hosting. Free Hosting or Paid Hosting.
Here are the differences in a nutshell:
There are several free options available to you if you wish to go with free hosting.
Blogger, Tumbler and WordPress.com are examples.
Benefits of free hosting
- Free hosting will save you $5 – $10 dollars per month in hosting fees.
Drawbacks of free hosting
- The ‘free hosts’ website name will always appear in the address bar, included with your websites name.
- In my opinion, the largest drawback to free hosting is that you have far fewer customization options for your websites design, revenue generation and functionality. As an example, a free website from WordPress.com will not allow the use of many plugins that allow you flexibility and they do not allow any form of eCommerce. Most businesses that succeed find that as visitor volume increases and customer shopping patterns are identified, they wish to modify their site to help buyers / readers spend. This is very difficult when you are limited by a free hosting service.
To avoid the inflexibility of free hosting (and to maximize the available tools you gain with a real hosting service), I recommend strongly recommend BlueHost, which I use myself. BlueHost is the same tool you used a moment ago to choose your URL. It is trusted worldwide, and simple to use.
* For this reason, all of the free how-to videos we offer to support you (even after you are set up and operating) will be provided using BlueHost services as part of our videos / information. If you select a different host, you will need to search out other help to accomplish your future goals.
Benefits of BlueHost include:
- World renown consumer reviews. BlueHost has one of the most loyal customer bases on the web, including us here at startinganonlinebusiness.com.
- Extremely affordable. BlueHost offers an outstanding product with perks including: 1 click installation for most services. Support Staff is available 24/7 if / when needed.
- Unlimited storage for all of your content, images and media files.
- Unlimited email accounts for your company, and many more that save a great deal of time and forgo the need for a web developer.
- Using BlueHost will allow you to continue to make use of this step-by-step tutorial.
- Choosing BlueHost will also allow you to use any other tutorials you find here, as many of them are created using the simple tools that BlueHost has to offer.
The video below will walk you through getting on the web.
At no cost to you we will make a small commission as you make use of the links provided.
If you do not wish us to receive a commission for our assistance, you can simply type the links into your browser instead of clicking on them as they are provided. We appreciate you either way.
Click the banner below to go to BlueHost.* (This link will open in a new window so you can reference the instructions as you work.)
BlueHost offers a bulletproof money-back guarantee. If you decide to cancel within 30 days, you will receive a full refund.
“How do I transfer a preexisting URL to BlueHost so I can use all of these great tutorials?”
Have a preexisting URL that you would like to transfer to BlueHost? Click here.